Everyone deserves to feel special on Valentine’s Day. This holiday is about wanting to make loved ones smile. Valentine’s Day is not reserved ONLY for couples, but extends to family and friends as well. Valentine’s Day is here to remind us to make time for those we care about and and to celebrate the special people in our lives. Need some ideas?
FOR YOUR SWEETHEART
- Anything is better than nothing! Whatever you do, do not leave your partner empty-handed. A card, flowers and candy are all clichés, but clichés become that way for a reason – they are effective!
- Make them feel loved. Give your partner your undivided attention and go the extra mile to prove there’s no one you’d rather share this day with.
- Do something specific to your relationship. Whether its revisiting the site of your first date or surprising them with plans you’ve been talking about doing forever but kept putting off, showing your partner that you listen and hold reverence for moments in your relationship is the best way to go.
FOR YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS
- Send them cards. Everyone loves getting a Valentine’s card!
- Show them a simple sign of affection. Visit your brother or sister and give them a hug.
- Plan a Valentine’s date. Take your mom out to dinner or dad to the hockey game. Time is a gift!
- Children love Valentine’s Day! A special cake, a new stuffed animal, a new pair of shoes .. oh, there’s so many ways to make your kids feel special on this day.
FOR YOUR FRIENDS
- Celebrate with each other. Go out to dinner and a movie or a have a pot-luck-dinner and enjoy a card game.
- Express how much your friendship means. A simple text message or Facebook post can mean so much.
- Give a silly gift, like a giant pink gorilla or novelty chocolates. Laugh together!
Giving to those who are important in your life guarantees YOU the best Valentine's Day ever!